Right of Withdrawal
Note: Please notify us of your withdrawal by email before returning the goods. We will then provide you with information on the return shipment.
Right of Withdrawal for Consumers
(Consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that predominantly cannot be attributed to their commercial or self-employed professional activity.)
Right of Withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day:
- on which you or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires physical possession of the goods, in case you have ordered one or more goods in a single order and these are delivered separately;
- on which you or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires physical possession of the last good, in case you have ordered multiple goods in a single order and these are delivered separately;
- on which you or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires physical possession of the last shipment or the last piece, in case you have ordered goods that are delivered in multiple shipments or pieces.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us (FRENCHMAN GmbH, Südstraße 40, 49084 Osnabrück, Phone: +49 541 50797431, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g., a letter sent by post or email). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Consequences of Withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. For goods that cannot be returned by regular mail due to their nature, the estimated cost is around 89 EUR.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics, and functioning of the goods.
Exclusion or Early Expiration of the Right of Withdrawal
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts:
- for the supply of goods that are not prefabricated and for the manufacture of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer;
- for the supply of goods that can spoil quickly or whose expiration date would be quickly exceeded;
- for the supply of alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed at the time of conclusion of the contract, which, however, can be delivered no earlier than 30 days after conclusion of the contract and whose current value depends on fluctuations in the market over which the trader has no influence;
- for the supply of newspapers, periodicals, or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts.
The right of withdrawal expires prematurely in the case of contracts:
- for the supply of sealed goods that are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene if their sealing has been removed after delivery;
- for the supply of goods if, after delivery, they have been inseparably mixed with other goods due to their nature;
- for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package if the sealing has been removed after delivery.
Model Withdrawal Form
(If you want to withdraw from the contract, please fill out this form and send it back.)
- To FRENCHMAN GmbH, Südstraße 40, 49084 Osnabrück, Email: email@example.com:
- I/We (*) hereby give notice that I/We (*) withdraw from my/our (*) contract of sale of the following goods (*)/provision of the following service (*)
- Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
- Name of consumer(s)
- Address of consumer(s)
- Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper)
(*) Delete as appropriate.