The Votronic MobilPower SMI 1700 sinus ST inverter 12 V DC / 230 V AC is used in special vehicles, high-quality motorhomes and other areas in which high quality and reliability are important are asked. It is designed for high continuous loads and provides 1700W continuous power, 3000W short-term peak power to cope with high starting currents.
Even when you're on the road, you don't want to do without the comforts of everyday life. Electrical devices not only increase the level of comfort in the mobile home, they also determine the equipment in the ambulance or fire engine, regardless of whether it is sensitive medical equipment, a notebook, power tools or the beloved espresso machine. All these devices require 230 V mains voltage, which is provided by an inverter from the on-board battery.
Technical highlights of the MobilPower SMI 1700 ST inverters
- delivers output current with mains voltage quality (pure sine wave)
- 1700 watts continuous power, designed for 12V battery voltage)
- only 10W self-consumption when switched on without load and only 5 watt consumption in stand-by mode
- Uncompromising and problem-free, trouble-free operation of all mains-powered devices, e.g. PC, air conditioning, coolers, power tools (drill, angle grinder, etc.), TV, SAT, TFT, microwave, fully automatic coffee machine, hair dryer, fan, lights, vacuum cleaner, refrigerator, etc.
- The control panel can be rotated 360° on the device and can also be placed anywhere in the vehicle as an external remote control Switch mode technology, compact, light, robust and reliable , briefly highly overloadable
- Low power consumption, selectable power saving mode: continuous operation or automatic stand-by with automatic search for switched-on consumers or OFF
- Automatic shutdown in case of battery over/undervoltage, overload, overheating etc.
- Performance and temperature-controlled comfort cooling fan with infinitely variable speed control
- High efficiency of over 93%
- Manufactured according to the latest standards and equipped with resilient power electronics that will not let you down for many years.
The SMI 1700 ST: modern inverter technology from Germany
The devices work according to the latest technology in clocked design ("switch mode"). A compact design could be realized through microprocessor control in connection with modern SMD technology noise- and friction-optimized smooth-running fans (speed-controlled) ensure perfect cooling and thus problem-free continuous operation even at full power.Integrated protective circuits also monitor the thermal and electrical load as well as overload and short-circuits of the output circuit.The inverters have an intelligent Power saving control with automatic switch-off It ensures that no more power is consumed in idle mode than is absolutely necessary To protect the batteries, undervoltage protection is integrated, which switches off the inverter when the battery voltage has dropped.
Flexible installation of the inverter display panel possible
In order to position the inverter optimally, the display panel can be removed after removing the two fastening screws and reinserted in the desired position (rotatable in 90° steps) and screwed If the inverter is installed in a hard-to-reach place, the display panel can also be used as a remote control. To do this, the control panel is removed from the device, reconnected to the device with the 5 m long control line and installed at the desired location.
An additional remote control can also be connected if you want a display directly on the device and in the board area.
Scope of delivery:
1x Votronic 3183 SMI 1700 ST 12V 230V MobilePower Inverter
5m connection cable for control panel, battery connection terminals, mains cable, 1x connection diagram, operating instructions Also available in boat version with moisture-proof electronics! Technical data
Nominal battery voltage (DC) in [V]
Output voltage (AC) in [V]
230 pure sine
50 Hz quartz stabilized
Output power duration in [W]
Output power short / peak in [W]
2100 / 3000
Minimum battery capacity (recommended) in [Ah]
Current consumption (DC) at rated power in [A]
Battery overvoltage max. [V]
Min. battery undervoltage in [V]
Own consumption in [W]
10 (switched on, no load)
Self-consumption in standby in [W]
5 (no load)
Battery connection terminals in [mm2]
Temperature range [°C]
-20 to +45
Degree/class of protection
Dimensions (WxHxD) in [mm] - Dimensions including mounting flanges, without connections
Weight in [g]
Ambient conditions, humidity: max. 95% room humidity, non-condensing
Scope of delivery: 5 m connection cable for control panel, battery connection terminals, operating instructions
Also available in boat version with moisture-proof electronics!