The VCC 1212-25 IUoU-Li from Votronic (3306) is a fully automatic, galvanically isolated battery charging converter for special vehicles, high-quality motorhomes, boats with galvanic isolation. The charging converter (booster) of the "VCC" series has been developed according to the latest specifications for the mobile charging of supply batteries (living area/board batteries) from the alternator (starter battery) while driving. The device also takes care of while driving for a full IU1oU2 charging curve.The max charging current of the VCC 1212-25 is 25A and it can work with Lead-Acid, Gel, AGM1, AGM2 and LiFePO4 batteries.
In contrast to conventional isolating relays, the charging voltage is lowered or raised according to the charging program specification, therefore particularly suitable for EURO standard 6, 6 + plus vehicles.
For board batteries in classic lead-acid, lead-gel or lead-AGM technology as well as modern lithium LiFePO4 technology, the 8 selectable charging programs ensure monitoring-free charging , quick and gentle full charging from any state of charge with subsequent full maintenance and care of the battery. Even on short journeys, the battery is charged with full charging current. Connected 12 V consumers are automatically supplied, even if the on-board network is heavily loaded. The automatic power control ensures the necessary safety and starting ability of the vehicle.
Key features of the Votronic 3306 VCC1212-25 IUoU-Li
- The VCC 1212-25 is a B2B charger with galvanic isolation for charging 12V batteries from a 12V alternator / battery.
- max. Charging current: 25A, input voltage range 12V, charges 12V batteries, recommended battery capacity: 50 - 220 Ah
- Increases or reduces the voltage to the required level in order to be able to precisely charge the on-board battery with the optimum charging characteristic.
- It completely compensates for line losses and voltage fluctuations in the alternator, such as those that constantly occur to a considerable extent in Euro 6 vehicles (intelligent alternators).
- Characterized by its compact design, low weight (high-frequency switch mode technology) and powerfully dimensioned power components for safe operation.
- Significantly better energy balance of the on-board battery. No intervention in the starter circuit; the device behaves like a powerful consumer on the alternator.
- The 12 V consumers supplied are protected against overvoltage and voltage fluctuations.
- The charging voltage is free of peaks and regulated in such a way that overcharging of the batteries is impossible.
- Fully automatic operation: The device is constantly connected to the batteries and is automatically activated by the running alternator of the vehicle. The batteries are not discharged when the engine is stopped.
- Parallel and buffer operation: If the battery is consumed at the same time, it continues to be charged or is kept fully charged. The device automatically calculates and monitors the adjustment of the loading times.
- Charging without supervision: Multiple protection against overload, overheating, overvoltage, short circuit, malfunction and reverse battery discharge through electronic regulation up to complete separation of device and battery
- Built-in on-board network filter: Problem-free parallel operation with other charging sources (EBL, chargers, motor and fuel generators, solar systems) on one battery.
- Charging cable compensation: Voltage losses on the charging cables are automatically compensated.
- Connection for battery temperature sensor (sensor included).
- With lead batteries (acid, gel, AGM), the charging voltage is automatically adjusted to the battery temperature. In cold weather, this results in better full charging of the weaker battery, and in summer temperatures unnecessary battery gassing is avoided.
- LiFePO4 batteries: Battery protection at high temperatures and, in particular, adapted charging at low temperatures below 0 °C. Charging aid for deeply discharged lead batteries: Gentle pre-charging of the (lead-acid, -gel, AGM) battery up to 8 V, then powerful support of the battery if consumers are still switched on.
- Also ensures automatic activation of a LiFePO4 battery disconnected from the BMS.
What is the added value of using a B2B charging converter?
The charging converters ensure optimal and fast charging of the supply battery from the alternator while driving. In contrast to the simple isolating relay, the charging voltage is increased to the value that is necessary for full charging for the respective battery type and is required by the battery manufacturers. In this way, the full charging current can flow and charge considerable amounts of current into the battery in a short time. Long charging lines and losses are properly regulated, as are voltage fluctuations on the alternator. In the case of charging converters with different input and output voltages (12V/24V or 24V/12V), it is possible to charge a second battery without installing a second alternator.
The charging converters thus provide the well-known high quality of battery charging of the VOTRONIC chargers even while driving. The intelligent microprocessor charging control with "IU1oU2oU3" charging characteristics and dynamic charging time calculation automatically ensures fast and gentle full charging as well as subsequent trickle charging of the connected batteries from any charge state and always enables consumers to be supplied at the same time as the supply battery.
Scope of delivery:
1X Votronic 3306 VCC 1212-25 IUoU-Li battery to battery charging converter
1x operating instructions (German)
1x temperature sensor
|Input from vehicle starter battery "+ IN Start"|
|Vehicle starter battery nominal voltage||12V|
|Battery capacity (size), minimum recommended||60Ah|
|Input voltage range (EURO 6 +), D+ controlled||10.5-16.5V|
|Input Over Voltage Shutdown (EURO 6+), max||16.5V|
|Power consumption max.||480W|
|Current consumption (at the lowest input voltage) max.||37A|
|Current consumption stand-by / OFF (terminal 15 or D+ without signal)||0.07A / 4mA|
|Charging output on board supply battery "+ OUT board"|
|Battery nominal voltage||12V-13.3V|
|Battery capacity recommended / up to||50-170/220Ah|
|Charging current main charger, I-phase, 8 V to U1, 0-15h||25A|
|Charge/buffer/load current, regulated U1-U2 phase||0 - 25A|
|Selectable charge programs AGM/Gel/Lead Acid, LiFePO4||4|
|Minimum battery voltage for charging start||0V|
|Pre-charging current (battery deeply discharged <8V), max.||12.5A|
|Reverse current from battery, OFF (terminal 15 or D+ without signal)||0A|
|Reset Voltage AGM-Gel-Lead Acid / LiFePO4 (30sec)||12.8V/13.4V|
|Charging voltage limit (consumer protection)||15.00V|
|External overvoltage shutdown (20sec)||15.50V|
|Input for battery I temperature sensor||yes|
|reverse polarity/short circuit/back discharge/safety protection||yes|
|Safety timer for each charging phase I / U1||yes|
|EBL START In, EVS measurement input / charge output||<30mVrms|
|Charge/trickle charge for 12 V starter battery||0...3A|
|Device installation position||any|
|Temperature range||-20 to 45°|
|Speed-controlled, temperature-controlled fan||yes|
|Gradual curtailment of the charging power in the event of overtemperature||yes|
|Overheat safety shutdown||yes|
|Dimensions, including mounting flanges and clamps (LxWxH)||245x160x71mm|
|Ambient conditions, humidity: max.95% humidity, non-condensing|
|Scope of delivery: temperature sensor, operating instructions|